4 countries, 16 partners
There are 16 partners in the project. These are municipalities, universitites, government, organisations and companies from Sweden, Åland, Latvia and Estonia. Adding to these, there are nine associated partners who are cooperating with the various actors.
Each partner are working with special targets and pilot areas. Within Central Baltic project, targets are calld work packages. Within the project of Coast4us, these are:
- Mapping and preparation for planning process
- Planning process and development of sustainable plans
- Evaluation and dissemination
Activitites to fullfill
Each work packages have various activities that are planned to achieve the goals of the work packages. Such aims are as following:
- At least 2 groups per municipality (as geographical area) produce 1 locally sustainable plan concerning their area.
- At least 5 meetings between planners and representatives from local level in each of the “cases” of planning. At least one meeting with Municipal council or equivalent where representatives from local level will present their plan.
- To get a real commitment to participate in the project, there is a need to work with real cases and that there is a significant benefit locally for all involved. Besides methods and sustainable plans, this could be developed service, new companies etc.
- Identification of best practices e.g. handbook, guidelines (incl. long-term management)
- Guidelines for planers and local community created, approved and outspread
- An information film about the project will be produced during the project with a focus on the project main outputs
To achieve the work packages and work with the activites, there are several pilot areas in the project. To know more about these areas, click below at each country.